To ensure the health and safety of building occupants while having a positive impact on the environment; specifications and maintenance of restroom fixtures must include the best solution for the disposal of feminine care products.
Create a Safer, Healthier Restroom
- Best Practices: Preventative method with proven effectiveness and efficiency.
- Follow Universal Precautions: In all settings, assume blood and bodily fluids may carry hepatitis viruses,HIV other blood borne infections.
- Minimize exposure: Conceal potentially harmful contents in leak proof, sealable plastic bag.
- Reduce cross-contamination: Diminish surface soiling.
- Low touch system: Interleaved bags for one-touch dispensing.
- Exceed OSHA expectation: Provide maximum protection for cleaning crew from direct contact with discarded product and contaminated surfaces.
- Cleaning chemicals: Less germicide required to clean disposal unit.
Conserve Water and Reduce Debris in the Wastewater Stream
WATCH these funny but informative videos and share!
- Better Practices: Reroute the disposal of feminine care products and personal care wipes from the wastewater stream to solid waste to solid waste stream.
- The only thing you should ever flush down a toilet is human waste (urine and feces) and toilet paper
- Toilet is not a wastebasket: Efficient practices can reduce water usage.
- Less maintenance of restroom fixtures: Fewer toilet clogs and overflows mean lower maintenance expenses.
- Protect the plumbing infrastructure and reduce the burden on wastewater treatment systems: Less damage to indoor, municipal sewer systems and sewage plants.
- Reduce the pollution of waters of the United States: Minimize sanitary sewer overflows and “floatables” (plastic tampon applicators).
- Decrease solids in septic tanks: Eliminate build up and subsequent groundwater contamination.
Communicate Water Efficiency and Sanitary Practices
Complimentary Vinyl Adhesive Sign with Every Dispenser
Learn about d2w “Making Plastic Smarter”
Advocacy Efforts, Experts, Videos:
Acts To Establish Flushability Standards for Consumer Products Advertised as Flushable
Community Efforts Across the USA: